SPELK IS CLOSED TO SUBMISSIONS.
Please keep the following in mind if you’d like to send us something:
- We publish flash fiction — 100 to 500 words, give or take.
- We’ll consider just about any genre: If we like it, we’ll publish it.
- We don’t publish poetry, non-fiction or translations.
- We post three stories a week.
- We want previously unpublished stories. If you’ve got something good, we want it to appear on Spelk first.
- We accept simultaneous submissions, but let us know if you place your story somewhere else.
- We don’t accept multiple submissions, so just one story at a time please.
- We don’t pay. Sorry.
- You retain all rights to your story, but we’d like to archive it on our site.
- Spell-check your story before you send it. Proof it. Make sure it’s the best you can make it.
- Send us a Word or text document (no PDFs). Include the story title and your name at the top of page 1, and a short bio at the end. Let us know if you’re on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, or if you have your own website.
- Email your story to Cal Marcius at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: SUBMISSIONS — “STORY TITLE”).